Sunday 2 October 2011

Empty Benches



I started to draft this one on Friday, ready for Shadow Shot Sunday like I sometimes do. Saturday morning was gorgeous weather wise so up bright and early and helping Other Half clear some brash down at the Mill.  An errant falling branch whipped across my face. A couple of hours later, was in dire agony and a trip to the local A&E. I had apparently scarred my corneal quite badly. No lasting damage though, thank goodness,  but a bit of a sore week ahead she said. Came out of the hospital, went to start the car - not a dickey bird, dead as a dodo again. We waited a couple of hours and then tried the ignition again. Nothing! Rang the  Road Rescue. Sunny weather, busy Saturday - they said they'd be with us in three hours, but in all fairness it was not quite as long as that. Car still wouldn't start. After about an hour of the Man that Can poking about it still wouldn't and didn't start and we were unceremoniously towed home about 7 pm. But in all fairness, I couldn't get over how how kind and helpful the people around us were. If any of you happen to read this, thank you so much for all your kindness.
Happy Shadow Shot Sunday

20 comments:

  1. Oh Molly I can just feel that...ow ow ow....What a miserable thing to have happen. What else could go wrong in one day?
    Hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jees Molly, you should have stayed in bed.

    Sometimes we can get cynical about people. However, when we find ourselves in trouble and strangers come to give us a hand and we are so grateful for their kindness, the world seems like a better place.

    I hope you heal quickly.

    Arleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Empty or full does not matter. Benches still throw out nice shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Molly you've had a bit of a time this weekend haven't you.

    Eyeglasses in the furture madam.

    Hope you're feeling a little better today. Put your feet up and rest your eyes for a bit.

    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Moll! What a weekend. I thought you had been a bit quiet. Get well soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that your eye and the car are back to normal very soon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, you had quite the weekend Molly! I am glad your eye didn't suffer permanent damage, and I hope your car gets fixed quickly as well!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Molly, Poor you - I echo everyone's comments in that I hope your eye heals quickly and that the problem with the car is nothing major.

    Take it easy for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous shadow pattern! Get well soon.

    My shadow shot post, have a nice week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do hope the worst of the pain is now over; horrible.

    Time to change that car Molly. Any machine that refuses to do what's asked of it (even once a year) should be offered to someone else, and replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  11. p.s. Or try the Basil Fawlty method!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness, someone (you?) could start a blog titled "Empty Benches" and fill it with photos of...empty benches! :-)


    FOR LOVE OF SHADOW

    Tell your shadow that you love her,
    Spurn your shadow, if you dare.
    Keep your shadow out of darkness,
    Keep her in the sun’s harsh glare!


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Awash in Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ouch Molly...sounds really painful. Hope you are feeling better.
    And..as for cars when they don't work...grrrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A corneal abrasion is not fun...hope it is much better now. Car trouble in addition makes for an awful day. I hope the rest of the week is far better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Molly - just catching up with the blogging - so sorry about your eye and the car was it RSH that you came to - you should have rung we could have brought a flask of tea and some TLC!hope you are better soon - Janexx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for your comments. Feeling a lot brighter tonight and it hardly hurts now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I'm so sorry Molly! Glad to see above that you're feeling better. I've heard any tiny injury to the eye is extremely painful. It must be feeling like a long week already. Pretty pictures though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now; what a day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you know benches are some of my fav places to be...
    chris and I spent hours walking in central park in new york reading the memorials on each bench as we passed... we must have read 100s
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ouch!!! Hope you are continuing to feel better. I love your bench shots. Shadows are always so fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete