Tuesday 30 December 2014

Happy ........ ?

What puts the 'Happy' in 'Happy New Year'?  I was watching 'Breakfast', this morning.  The presenter was interviewing someone talking about what makes people happy. What makes you happy?


I thought about it as we went for our morning walk. It was blooming cold last night. Everything was frozen solid this morning and the roadsides covered in rime. Being able to go for a walk makes me happy.


Early morning silence and pausing on the bridge to watch the stream go rolling down makes me happy.


Rime covered grass makes me happy. Love the crunch it makes.


Finding frozen seed heads makes me happy.


A pile of sticks floated down on the last storm. They'll be cut up and put in the log pile tomorrow.
Those also.


Not going A over T on the ice, like my friend Miriam did the other week. This part of the road was just like a skating rink - that definitely made me happy.
Happy New Year

10 comments:

  1. I see a tadpole in the ice, trying its best to get back in the stream of things.
    Happy new year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the simple things and mostly nature, that make me happy. The earth is a wonderful place to live. You photographed it well.

    Molly, I hope you are surrounded by all the lovely things that make you happy in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I don't get the chance
    Happy new year to you
    Jxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, simple things like getting out in the garden - I spend far longer than I intend dead-heading, pulling the odd weed etc. A walk by the river or in the bush (or anywhere peaceful). Being with people I love. All these things make me happy.

    Had a call from one of my cousins in Oswestry yesterday and he said it was snowing there.

    Have a happy and healthy 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost everything makes me happy. I wake happy, and it usually lasts throughout the day (unless some idiot comes along to spoil it).

    Is 'rime' another word for 'frost'? I've not heard it before. Happy new year Molly. Cro xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Molly - what lovely pictures they have made me feel really good this morning - I love the scrunch on the ice underneath my feet and the cold fresh air too - thanks for the tea and cake and the lovely chat yesterday - it was good to catch up - Happy New Year to you both - Jane and OH xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A similar quiet walk would make me happy, but with some sunshine even better. Happy New Year to you and yours, Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so often the simple things that make us happy, isn't it? Pretty rime, a glorious sunset, friends and family.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I agree with you, going for a walk makes me very happy. I don't appreciate the silence as much as you do though - I like nothing better than singing at the top of my voice when I'm out walking!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos, Molly. Belated New Year greetings from me too.

    ReplyDelete