Monday 16 October 2017

Blood Red

 A strange sort of a morning. All over was covered in a thick blanket of cloud and it was still dark enough to need the light on at nine am. It was quite warm though when I went out to feed the cats. No sunshine but  the sky completely tinged with an orange/yellowness. It had the feeling of everything being put on hold for the time being. Almost like it was holding it's breath for what was to come.

 I had intended to go into Welshpool today to refuel my car but decided against it after I heard the weather  forecast. I started to clean a cupboard out instead. I happened to look out of the window - and saw the most amazing sun. One of those moments when you've just got to grab your camera and shoot - except the battery was low on mine, just when I needed it most -


It hardly shows the outline of the sun but there it was - blood red and a perfect circle. And everywhere else a thick blanket of grey.


I tried to play around with the colours/ saturation etc with Windows 10 tools on screen but the blood red still didn't show like it was.
I've just read in the news that apparently it was a dust phenomenon thrown up by hurricane Ophelia and did actually appear to turn the sun a blood red. Amazing.

Did anyone else see it?

The wind was wild here late afternoon and getting wilder.

9 comments:

  1. Yes, Molly. Lots are publishing the blood red sun. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, same here Molly but later in the day. I photographed it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post your pictures. I'd love to see them xx

      Delete
  3. Didn't see a thing here, but of course I am on the other side of the world from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen anything like that before - really eerie.

      Delete
  4. Yes Moll. It was a bit of a shock to look up and think that you were looking at the moon, but brighter than you have ever seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a bit confused at first as to whether I was actually looking at the sun or the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The storm has passed over now and is heading over the northern part of Scotland, though I think the winds are not quite as strong thank Goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your site and content. thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.
    ผลบอล

    ReplyDelete