Sunday 21 April 2013

The London Marathon



Did you watch the London Marathon today? I have to admit I'm no sports fanatic by a long chalk but I was gripped by the sheer number of runners out there and I stayed glued to the TV set for a fair while. Lots of congratulations to the winners, all of them. But I think the thing that really struck my heart and I guess everyone else's too, whether taking part or cheering like mad from the sidelines - the number of people with 'Boston' written across their T Shirts and the 30 second silence of remembrance being held for the people of Boston. This was a race like no other.

12 comments:

  1. Why? That young man has a lot of explaining to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hearing about the London Marathon on our (morning) news as I read this. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see the race itself, Molly, but the news bulletins gave the feel of it. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless those London runners. It was a very difficult week here in the US and we all appreciate the support we are getting from around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We watched about 5 mins. At times like this, the world becomes one big brotherhood/sisterhood.

    I imagine the atrocity had something to do with Islam, but it's a very strange way of showing the rest of us how evil we are (which is what I presume they were saying).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't watch the marathon, I forgot it was on and don't watch those things anyway, but I saw the number of runners on the news tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't watch the marathon -- just saw the start on the news tonight. From the reports it showed a the great sense of solidarity and that is very touching indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thankful that the marathon went off without incident and of how supportive everyone was for Boston. Here we had a short run to send money to the Boston survivors. I am no runner however.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It kind of underlines what's good in the world eh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Evil shall not triumph. There is far more good n humanity than the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw it and the tribute they paid to Boston...it warmed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed the marathon, but have been thinking of all marathon runners and spectators after the terrible events at the Boston marathon. Good to catch up Molly, am determined to try and visit and blog a bit more frequently....

    ReplyDelete