Tuesday 26 April 2016

God Bless Friends



The last few months have been like no other. And yet it's only when I look back that I can see that I was never or will ever be alone in all this.
It's been bitterly cold here today - blizzards in Scotland on today's weather forecast. I've spent a few hours potching in the two remaining poly tunnels.


Way back in January, I bought  3 kilos of seed potatoes from Coedy and put them to chit.


During half term, my fantastic nephew brought the kids down and they planted them out for me.



 I planted runner bean seeds


 They grew broad beans in little cardboard pots


Strawberry bed from home grown runners


New potatoes just starting to come into flower


Parsnips just starting to show through


The winter storms ripped the one poly sheet to shreds so a new one ordered and ready to replace when we have a minute


Fadgy supposedly on mouse patrol in my top tunnel.


A few lettuce (and chickweed) growing together


Pesky mice having a field day digging out my beetroot plugs


 and sweetcorn plants. Just as they were progressing, the little divils dug them up, ate the seeds and left the shoots shrivelled up on the top of the tray.


A clump of lettuce  seeds tossed amongst the garlic.
Never ever going to eat all this veg on my own, but I have a dream of a little community where we weed and sow and plant and share all the produce between us.
Hope it comes true x

21 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done a bit. Craig and little 'uns have done a lot :)

      Delete
  2. Dear Moll - you are right, you will never be alone, and I count you as a good friend. I hope that's not too presumptive! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too presumptive at all. I value you as my friend too.

      Delete
  3. Dear Molly, I hope that comes true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nephew (nephew-in-law really) came up with the idea and I thought it was brilliant. He was a little bit worried when O/H became really poorly that I would have too much to cope with, but it seems to be working out.

      Delete
  4. Youve soften old tom.......so you are a good egg in my eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a good 'un in mine too. Welsh not Scotch mind

      Delete
  5. I was just thinking about you today and now when I opened Blogger, there you are. A person so kind as you will never be alone.

    Your gardens look like they are on there way to being very successful. It is nice that you had some help getting them started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arleen. You're very special.

      Delete
  6. I love the little sharing community idea. Fadgy needs to stop dreaming of mice and go chase the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fadgy is on to a good thing - meals in a dish and then stretch out somewhere nice and warm and sleep it off. Too much hassle chasing mice.

      Delete
  7. We live in a world where we can buy pretty much everything we need, but the desire to grow and share is so strong and enduring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to see young ones lend a hand and I bet they enjoyed it too. I often think of you. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw thank you. The two little ones had a whale of a time and it was so lovely to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been very busy and your hard work is paying off! I love that photo of Fadgy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden looks very productive, Molly, and I feel sure you'll find a good home for the results. I'm glad your family is rallying round and I bet the little ones have loved helping you. All good wishes from your friend a bit further up the Severn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 3rd Molly, how beautiful is your garden! If we lived near I would give you a vase with lemon trees I vê planted because I don't have room here. You're not alone here and always share your pictures and beautiful works.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really a beautiful blog.It is very astonishing and marvelous design.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete